Saturday, January 31, 2009

Adam Martin - About Me



Welcome to asianimages-adammartin.com

Hello, my name is Adam Martin.

The concept of this website is to display photographs from my journeys throughout Asia and to promote some of my commercial work for restaurants, cafes, websites, sporting clubs etc.

Born in Melbourne, Australia I am currently basing myself in Saigon, Vietnam where I can travel from the metropolis in to the wilds of Vietnam and beyond. I have been in the Asian region most of the last 9 years.


One of my favourite quotes comes from a conversation between a wealthy New York socialite and a renowned photographer.

She visits an exhibition hosted by the photographer and marvels at his images announcing,

“These are magnificent photographs – you must have an fantastic camera.”

Sometime after this event the photographer is invited to the socialite’s home for a dinner party. On being served his meal he comments to her,

” What a fantastic meal, you must have an excellent oven!”

But as in all things the quality is in how the craftsman uses his tools rather than the quality or cost of his/her equipment. 

Painting is an art form as is sculpture, music, cooking and photography. 

Digital cameras certainly make it easier to get great images but a truly great photograph is in the visualization, understanding, balance, composition, theme, contrast, colors (or lack of) and of course the play of light.

With my photography I am capturing what I see around me, generally day to day scenes or activities. People going about their everyday lives in what is to me, exotic locations. The subjects generally aren't posing and more often than not, unaware that something about them has caught my attention. This allows me to try and capture their essence or the character within or at the very least how I perceive that person.

In turn this applies to landscapes, architecture or street scenes. Rather than just take a “happy snap” I put a lot of thought into the planning and execution of virtually all my shots. 

But having said that, a few are what I like to think of as stolen moments when everything is in place and a “shoot from the hip” attitude captures that split second in history.

Everyday on www.asianimages-adammartin.com a new photograph is scheduled to appear so if you like my style why not become a subscriber? I photograph for myself and if others enjoy what they see, fantastic!

Thanks for having a squizz,

Adam Martin

Contact Adam 

Some of the images that appear on this site are also available for sale in a wide variety of formats via the RedBubble website. Photographs are available as full sized mounted prints ready to hang, to canvas images right through to postcard size.

Check out the link on the "Contact" page or just click on the "Slideshow" and it will take you directly to my RedBubble site. 

Countries Photographed
  • Vietnam
  • Laos
  • Cambodia
  • Thailand
  • Malaysia
  • Borneo
  • Singapore
  • China
  • Tibet
  • Japan
  • Mongolia
  • Burma
  • India


Travel companies I work for are listed below.

  • Intrepid Travel
  • GAP Adventures
  • Travel Indochina
  • Wide Eyed Tours
  • Grasshopper Adventures
  • Hoi An Motorcycle Adventures 
   

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari